We Love the Internet 2020/28: The Will Covid kill off the office edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Will Covid kill off the office?
- How Netflix Beat Hollywood to a Generation of Black Content
- TikTok Is Shaping Politics. But How?
- Silicon Valley Elite Discuss Journalists Having Too Much Power in Private App
- I’m a Black social media manager in the age of George Floyd. Each day is a new trauma
- It’s Time to Reclaim the Meaning of the Word ‘Entrepreneur’
- Wrongfully Accused by an Algorithm
- What Counts as a Streaming Hit? A Start-Up May Have Answers
- Is Anyone Watching Quibi?
- The Remaking of Comedy Central
- Why Did the Washington Post Get This Woman Fired?
- Reddit turns 15: The dramatic moments that shaped the internet’s front page
- The Kanye Story
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Chamber no 5
- I Try to Master The Pizza “Slapping” Technique…
- Karens be like..
- You Will Never Look At Stretch Armstrong The Same Again
- Why a Single Little Spot Makes Driving Across “America” Impossible
- Bowser Stunts
- These Are All Cakes
Things to look at/read:
- My Little Pony Fans Are Ready to Admit They Have a Nazi Problem
- How “Starship Troopers” aligns with our moment of American defeat
- Someone is Wrong on the Internet: A Study in Pandemic Distraction
- When “Edgy” Comedy Is Actually Just Lazy
- She was furloughed. So she became ‘Lasagna Lady,’ and made 1,200 pans of free lasagna for those in need.
- Penguin Relationship Flowchart Shows Intricate Romantic Web
- Baby Animals Are Pure Joy
- This raccoon’s reaction when it runs out of grapes is just priceless
- Say “YEAH”!
- Curious Cat Discovers She Has Ears While Striking Pose in Mirror
- Squirrel is living the best life.
- Seagull stealing a meatball. Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast. Photo: Alexander Ivanov Masteral
- This is how dogs apologize..
Tweets of the week:
- Why are there so many pics of them together
- when you have to fight the minotaur
- As lockdown eases my personal pandemic hero is still the gloriously off-message child who did the bottom picture here.
- I’m losing my mind
- Her dad is now my favorite person
- Sometimes Twitter = 👍.
Part 3: For the weekend
- It is time for reparations
- How the Trump Campaign Is Drawing Obama Out of Retirement
- Thandie Newton Is Finally Ready to Speak Her Mind
- The Decline of the American World
- Twelve Minutes and a Life
- The Trayvon generation
- Boss of the Beach
- The story of O-man, the personal trainer who became The Valley’s secret orgasm whisperer