We Love the Internet 2020/50: The How tag became a professional sport edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- How Microsoft crushed Slack
- The New Comedy of American Decline
- From Frameworks To Flywheels
- Facebook Struggles to Balance Civility and Growth
- OnlyFans Is a Billion-Dollar Media Giant Hiding in Plain Sight
- Let’s Talk About Simulated Sex: Intimacy Coordinators Two Years On
- Inside YouTube’s plan to win the music-streaming wars
- The home of the Sopranos is under siege: Inside the battle for the soul of HBO
- Will Hollywood Recover Fast, or Are We Going to Run Out of Stuff to Watch?
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- How tag became a professional sport
- Curved gravity roller treadmill.
- Mom’s dancing baby videos are giving us life
Things to look at/read:
Tweets of the week:
- Needed a new ID badge. Rather happy with my description of being an anaesthetist. It is a kids hospital, after all.
- has to be my favourite shakespeare quote
- Jesus had a good run.
- Viewed a flat today and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to stop thinking about the back door…
- did someone say 3 Saturdays until Christmas??
- i’m at the mcmonolith, y’all want anything?
Part 3: For the weekend
- ‘Singing and dancing to their deaths’: football’s forgotten tragedy
- The curse of the buried treasure
- Tony Hsieh’s American Tragedy: The Self-Destructive Last Months Of The Zappos Visionary
- “He’s Radioactive”: Inside Johnny Depp’s Self-Made Implosion
- Murder in Mexico: journalists caught in the crosshairs