We Love the Internet 2021/10: The This is how we lost control of our faces edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- This is how we lost control of our faces
- TikTok’s emo revival emerged from the creative chaos of quarantine
- Where the internet was delivered by a donkey
- Is This Beverly Hills Cop Playing Sublime’s ‘Santeria’ to Avoid Being Live-Streamed?
- How Grown-Up Tumblr Teens Are Bringing Early-‘10s Alternative Back to the Charts
- TikTok’s algorithms knew I was bi before I did. I’m not the only one.
- Tom Cruise deepfake creator says public shouldn’t be worried about ‘one-click fakes’
- Movie Equations: When everything is paramount
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- All WandaVision’s Sitcom References (and Ending), Explained
- Movie Intro Medley (Acapella)
- 30 Minutes of Relaxing Visuals from Studio Ghibli
- Travel from Rotterdam to Amsterdam in 10 minutes by boat
- Debunking Can you make ICE in a microwave?
- Axe Build — shaped like a human Hand
- Guy Surfs on Top of Coolers
- The best cinematography I will ever do…
Things to look at/read:
- ‘I was worried Lindsay, Paris or Britney would die’: why the 00s were so toxic for women
- How a Shadow Army of Ghost Kitchens Took Over America’s Restaurants
- When the Dalai Lama dies, his reincarnation will be a religious crisis. Here’s what could happen
- Giant Attack On Titan Manga Weighs 30 Pounds And Costs $1,400
- Open your mouth
- Watch til the end!
- Came from work and saw this?
- Goat vs cat
- Who’s watching?
- Singing Storky
Tweets of the week:
- Literally exactly how I imagine myself when I’m coaching an Italian team in Championship Manager
- Incredible drone footage, perfectly sequenced bowling alley, wait till end.
- It’s so f ucked up that plutonium just looks like this . It could be orange flavored and we would never know . it could be delicious
- making a tweet you think is funny vs it bombing
- ONCE AGAIN AMERICA WILL DEFEAT THE BRITISH MONARCHY BY SPILLING TEA
- Obsessed with how much of Roger Federer’s name is just er
Part 3: For the weekend
- Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird Are Goals
- Carl Lentz and the Trouble at Hillsong
- How We’d Fix Two Decades of Grammy Atrocities
- How to have better arguments online
- Il Maestro
- The student and the algorithm: how the exam results fiasco threatened one pupil’s future