Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Is Apple TV+ for Real Yet?
- 11 Years of Untappd: How One App Gamified the Relentless Pursuit of Novelty
- Stanford researchers identify four causes for ‘Zoom fatigue’ and their simple fixes
- Frequency of letters in English words and where they occur in the word
- American Idle
- What Really Happened at ‘Reply All’?
- Stream Warriors
- How Google’s grand plans to make its own games fell apart
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Automatic pool stick vs. strangers
- Draw an iceberg and see how it will float.
- Food Theory: Taco Bell Is Killing Amazon!
Things to look at/read:
- Eddie Izzard: ‘I’m just trying to create a space for myself’
- ‘I call it a mutual break-up’: When stars ‘disappear’ on their fandoms
- Middle-aged superheroes
- Why bands are disappearing: ‘Young people aren’t excited by them’
- Sweet owl sneezes
- Excitable Greyhound Jumps For Joy When Owner Gets Dressed
- American Psycho with Cats
- A sloth playing with water..
Tweets of the week:
- The zagreb manager used his 1 phone call to say “lads, it’s Tottenham”
- unfortunately i must announce that it looks like all 2021 hipsters / indie / DIY young people dress like at least one member of the family from Matilda
- the set up vs. the shot
- Aerial view of Barcelona will never cease to amaze me.
- “I’m actually a plain clothes police officer here to protect you, haha yeah I guess I am one of the good guys”
- If the Catholic Church won’t marry same sex couples then explain this
- Fukuyama declaring the end of chairs. The man’s learned nothing.
- Ok fine, give the people what they want, bread and circuses, here you go happy Ides of March
Part 3: For the weekend
- Teens on a Year That Changed Everything
- Tom Hanks, The NBA, And COVID’s Day Of Reckoning In The US: An Oral History
- The Fall of Armie Hammer: A Family Saga of Sex, Money, Drugs, and Betrayal
- Vanishing Act
- Trump Hotel Employees Reveal What It Was Really Like Catering to the Right Wing Elite