We Love the Internet 2021/15: The Non-fungible Taylor Swift edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Non-Fungible Taylor Swift
- “It’s Not Cancel Culture — It’s A Platform Failure.”
- Why We’re Freaking Out About Substack
- China Has Closed Down 12,000-Plus Internet Cafes Since 2020
- You Probably Don’t Remember the Internet
- How the New York Times A/B tests their headlines
- Revealed: the Facebook loophole that lets world leaders deceive and harass their citizens
- Search movies, actors, directors or key words
- Researching streaming retention
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Teenager Can ‘Delay’ Her Voice
- Man Born Without Collar Bones Can Clap His Shoulders
- Trucks without brakes
Things to look at/read:
- Two Dogs Play Tetherball
- “I don’t like who I am at work.”
- A dog went missing last night & owner was advised to put item of clothing down where it became lost (for the scent).
Tweets of the week:
- Mate you could’ve done that at home hahahahaa
- I think I found a perfect place for Spongebob.
- Retweet to scare NFT owners
- A solid start to the new reality of outdoor dining in Cranleigh this morning.
- 2 hr Movie 10 hr TV series
- My dating profile:
- Tiktok is gold
- Half of the heroes in the MCU seem to have PhDs that they’re not using. The whole franchise is a story about the academic employment crisis.
Part 3: For the weekend
- The DMX Syllabus
- Slimy, smuggled, and worth top dollar: Can one Maine entrepreneur break into the crime-ridden global market for eel?
- The Identity Hoaxers