We Love the Internet 2021/17: The King of the geezer teasers edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- NFTs Weren’t Supposed to End Like This
- Mortal Kombat and the end of bad video game films
- How many layers of copyright infringement are in Emily Ratajkowski’s new NFT?
- Scale Was the God That Failed
- The King of the Geezer Teasers
- Inside Netflix’s Quest to End Scrolling
- The slander industry
- I Called Off My Wedding. The Internet Will Never Forget
- The Mysterious Case of the F*cking Good Pizza
- Delinquent Telephone Activity
- Yahoo, the Destroyer
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
Things to look at/read:
- The revolution in classic Tetris
- An Interview With the Man Who Keeps Uploading My Feet to WikiFeet
- 15 French volunteers leave cave after 40 days without daylight or clocks
Tweets of the week:
- Just discovered the best accidental Partridge in history.
- For the last six years I’ve kept a spreadsheet listing every parking spot I’ve used at the local supermarket in a bid to park in them all. This week I completed my Magnum Opus! A thread.
- made an absolutely devastating typo in the group chat
- When I first got into Gü puddings, I didn’t fully understand the ramekinifications.
- Celebrate your achievements with the absolute audacity of a Samsung washing machine.
- when you read your old messages and see how you used to talk
- I’m literally so obsessed with this video
- Tony Blair, who led three different teams to Africa Cup of Nations glory between 1988–2010
Part 3: For the weekend
- Steve ‘Mongo’ McMichael is suddenly in a vicious fight against ALS. ‘This ain’t ever how I envisioned this was going to end,’ the Chicago Bears great says.
- Deconstructing Disney: Queer Coding and Masculinity in Pocahontas
- The unlikely rise of the French Tacos