We Love the Internet 2021/43: The Facebook’s lost generation edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Facebook’s lost generation
- Good vibrations: tapping in to the benefits of ASMR
- ’90s Sitcoms Shaped Me as an Immigrant Child. What if They Hadn’t?
- Discovery+ Cuts High-Profile Shows in Programming Shift
- From Friends to Squid Game — why Netflix viewing figures matter
- Scream broke all the rules of horror — then rewrote them forever
- Netflix scrambled internally to suppress a controversial movie from search results
- No Subscriptions, Big Money: How Free Streamers Are Changing TV’s Business Model
- The Huge Hidden Cost of Holding a Blockbuster
- What Dave Chappelle gets wrong about trans people and comedy
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Clickbait genius
- Samurai qualifications
- Just pour the egg on the tortilla and the result will be amazing!
- Contortionist Performs On A Surfboard
Things to look at/read:
- Correlation is *not* causation
- when you leave the yoghurt unattended…
- New puppy pretty pleased with itself for retrieving a third slipper for his growing collection
- Orange. 8 liter bottle or what?
- He over there thinkin “Better you than me”
- When your 120+ pound dog is scared of a green bean
- Theory was right, my dog has been drinking my coffee
Tweets of the week:
- “incorrect username or password” BITCH, WHICH ONE IS IT!!!!!!
- THAT MEANS YOU, JESUS
- How you Dune?
- oh go on then, it’s Christmas
- You call it trauma, I call it . . .
- A girl from a hen party who came to drag brunch today showed us this video from their air bnb last night and I’ve watched it 763,876 times and I am deceased deceased deceased
Part 3: For the weekend
- “I Was Out of My Mind”: How Samuel L. Jackson’s Battle With Addiction Inspired His Breakthrough Performance
- Revolt of the Delivery Workers