We Love the Internet 2022/07: The Podcasts are no longer private conversations edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Podcasts Are No Longer Private Conversations
- Gen Z brought the ’90s back because it feels impossible to grow up in today’s economy
- The Key to Adapting Video Games Is to Make Them Into Television
- Spotify backlash offers rare insight into reeling music industry — and struggles of working musicians
- How to bring a language to the future
- The Banality of Genius: Notes on Peter Jackson’s Get Back
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Titanic with a Cat
- All the Ways to Make Bubble Tea, Taiwan’s Pearl-fect Drink
- The Backrooms (Found Footage)
- Is “Cancel Culture” Really a Threat To America?
Things to look at/read:
- The adorable love story behind Wikipedia’s ‘high five’ photos
- Taste The London Underground With This Synesthesia Subway Map
- Book a prize: Idaho library has wait list for story eight-year-old hid on a shelf
- Everything Must Be Paid for Twice
- On the Insanity of Being a Scrabble Enthusiast
- Closes the curtains on me
- sweet piglets taking a nap, ears wiggle when you say kind things!!
- All the wiggles
- Tik tok took down the first time lol he’s fine!!
- She nailed the bow perfectly
Tweets of the week:
- I was today years old when I found out “MARISA TOMEI” is an anagram for “IT’S-A ME, MARIO”
- Someone scheduled a Teams meeting with 23k people on NHS Mail. Just watching this unfold 87 messages later…..
- when you accidentally pressed “😭😭😜😭”
- After Jerry’s unfortunate accident, Ostriches were never allowed to work in the lumber mill ever again.
Part 3: For the weekend
- The language of your fathers
- How a struggling bartender became the face of a resurgent left.
- Can science fiction wake us up to our climate reality?