We Love the Internet 2022/09: The Power of a good cry edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- The Internet Is Just Investment Banking Now
- Tracing Chris Lloyd’s path to the top of esports talent representation
- That broken tech/content culture cycle
- The Metaverse Finally Has a Killer App: Poker
- Why didn’t Vanity Fair break the Jeffrey Epstein story
- The Rabbit Hole Beneath the Crypto Couple Is Endless
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
Things to look at/read:
- The True Story of the Viral False Teeth That Fooled the World
- OK, WTF Are Wordcels and Shape Rotators?
- Hollywood’s First Family of Putting It Out There
- Inside Shonda Rhimes’s Strikingly Regal New York City Apartment
Tweets of the week:
- Timothy Olyphant is the result of giving a +1 to every single Josh Duhamel attribute
- Alright Lionel, it’s not a competition
- This is it guys. The pinnacle of the internet. We’ve done it! Pack it up, it’s over.
- Has a man… posted himself?
- There’s a step at Reading FC that everyone falls over..
- How bigs his suitcase ?
- we went from a deadly virus to WW3, which one of you mfs changed it from zombies to multiplayer
Part 3: For the weekend
- The power of a good cry
- How to want less
- What It’s Like to Attend the Brits as a Non-Celeb
- The Talented Mr. Bernardini
- The common tongue of 21st century London