We Love the Internet 2022/14: The Back of your hand edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- ‘Morbius’ and When the Critical Consensus Bites
- Facebook paid GOP firm to malign TikTok
- F1 Delta Time blockchain game shuts down
- This is how Twitter’s edit button can actually work
- What Happens When an AI Knows How You Feel?
- 11 years, 10 arrests, at least 62 women: how did Britain’s worst cyberstalker evade justice for so long?
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Back of your hand
- Making Your Own Kaneda Bike From Akira Seems Hard
- why are you as a man not making an enormous bowl with 3 strong guys??
Things to look at/read:
- Home Sweet Homer: The Strange Saga of the Real-Life Simpsons House in Nevada
- America’s Pandemic Orphans Are Slipping Through the Cracks
- The remix you didn’t know you needed
- High five….TOO SLOW
- Championship: Steak vs Salmon
- Do pineapples drink pineapple juice?
- Everyone’s favorite is back: Rico the porcupine eating snacks. We could watch this all day
Tweets of the week:
- When you and the gang are out reporting on one of the biggest massacres in modern day Europe, but someone sees a cute cat.
- It’s a common mistake, but Frankenstein was actually the author
- Wow I tried to cancel a subscription to a product I use for work and absolutely fuck this dark pattern
- Literally one minute apart.
- “this was a traumatizing moment for all of us” normal people:
- I apologize for the thoughts in my head
- An unfortunate glitch
- Not my family getting these notifications from me & my boyfriend on their apple watches
Part 3: For the weekend
- Meet Christian Smalls and Derrick Palmer, the DIY Duo Behind the Amazon Labor Union’s Guerrilla Bid to Make History
- H-Town United: An Unlikely Soccer Power Rises in Texas