We Love the Internet 2022/20: The Trends are dead edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Unsettling Futures — Brandon Sanderson, fame, and the failure of the Long Tail
- Virtual communication curbs creative idea generation
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Haboob: A Decade of Dust
- Risky Red Bull Plane Stunt Goes Wrong
- The final dance in Dirty Dancing, but they’re dancing to The Muppet Show theme tune.
Things to look at/read:
- This is how I was my monkey
- i cannot handle him
- I’m no detective but…
- Alway pack your sausage
- My Nepthew having some fun!!
Tweets of the week:
- how it probably happened
- THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
- This is the greatest email I’ve ever received
- came up with a great new slogan for snacks
- Massively proud of my daughter who just received a badge for (checks notes) walking to a nearby chip shop and eating some chips
- When PE teachers have to teach a bit of Geography.
- This is what a collapsing society looks like
Part 3: For the weekend
- He Planned a Treasure Hunt for the Ages — Until He Went Missing
- A child star at 7, in prison at 22. Then she vanished. What happened to Lora Lee Michel?