We Love the Internet 2022/47: The Disney Channel’s theme: A history mystery edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Why can’t pollsters reach Gen Z?
- Mastodon’s Eternal September begins
- Twitter king Dril on Musk’s chaotic reign
- Last.fm turns 20 and now has a following on Discord
- Twitter’s Worst-Ever Tweets, According To Twitter
- World population to reach 8 billion on 15 November 2022
- Ten trends to watch in the coming year
- Media Trends and Predictions 2023
- The unbearable lightness of BuzzFeed
- The scary truth about AI copyright is nobody knows what will happen next
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Disney Channel’s Theme: A History Mystery
- Can A.I. Generate the Perfect Thanksgiving?
- Being Black in ‘Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood’
- ASMR [Un] Chopping Tomatoes
- I’ve always wanted to put Kevin Webster from Coronation Street punching people to The Beastie Boys.
Things to look at/read:
- From Hong Kong to a peeling suburban apartment block: How American candy stores took over London’s Oxford Street
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever unearthed deep colorism within Latino communities
- Gayle, and the rise of meta pop
- There was a baby chimp born at The Sedgwick County Zoo, the baby had to be put on oxygen for a few days. This is a clip of it being reintroduced to its mother for the first time.
- today mr jingles is with his friend row
- Cat vs m&m’s
- Did i just induce an eating dream?!
- Ava with the no-bounce catch and Penny still doesn’t care
- Help me up
Tweets of the week:
- Times are hard and friends are few.
- Iran bringing on Hariq Mahguire
- bless her little heart
- viewing the Chinese McDonald’s menu through Google Translate produces some of the best fast food names i’ve ever seen
- TODAY IS GONNA BE THE DAY THAT THEY’RE GONNA THROW IT BACK TO YOU-
- What a flex
- Only one ‘Van’ in the whole list, game’s gone
- My job gave me this
Part 3: For the weekend
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles at 35: An Oral History of One of the Most Beloved Road Movies Ever Made
- Bed habits
- ‘The more we pulled back the carpet, the more we saw’: what I learned when I bought a house with a dark past
- The Demon River