We Love the Internet 2022/51: The Golden age of streaming TV is over edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- The golden age of streaming TV is over
- A Totally Normal Interview With Author Emily St. John Mandel
- Can you get sued for using a meme?
- Is Live Music Broken? It’s Not Just Ticketmaster, It’s Everything.
- You’ve Met MrBeast, the YouTuber. Now Meet Jimmy, the Business Mogul.
- How Did We Get So Obsessed with Streaks?
- How Facebook designed the like button — and made social media into a popularity contest
- Bob Iger vs. Bob Chapek: Inside the Disney Coup
- Picture Limitless Creativity at Your Fingertips
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- CX Conversations: The Launch of ITVX
- Every Bone in the Human Body and How they Break (Explained Using John Wick)
Things to look at/read:
- The billionaire vibe shift
- Who Really Owns/Brews Your Favourite Beer?
- Inside the Wild Life of Footballers’ Luxury Assistants
- London life is now made-to-order — and it’s nauseating
Tweets of the week:
- asked for cheesy chips and basically got chip lasagne, chippy shop in its icon era x
- Love being your Christmas Danny.
Part 3: For the weekend
- How a Nepo Baby Is Born
- The beautiful, brutal world of Bonsai
- Putin’s War
- ‘Who remembers proper binmen?’ The nostalgia memes that help explain Britain today
- Life in the Slow Lane