We Love the Internet 2023/04: The Why do British people love to abbreviate things edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- 5 numbers that will come to define the music business in 2023
- 2022: The year in weird and stupid futures
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Correct the internet
- Spielberg in 30 Shots
- I made this to explain the Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Joey King cheating rumor scandal to my friends. Hope it helps!
- This TikTok deserves to be in the Oscars
Things to look at/read:
- Why do British people love to abbreviate things? An investy g
- American Nepo Babies Have Nothing on the British
- How Many Clothes Should We Own, Exactly?
- The warm glow of the blog rock era
- A brief history of horrific things space travel does to the human body
Tweets of the week:
- I got to the Airbnb where I’m staying in Vienna this week, and found a framed print out of my profile picture in the bedroom
- incredible how the french have truly *perfected* the art of striking
- Named after your dad attempting to order a large beer on holiday.
- What they would have wanted..
- Photoshop paddington into a movie, game, or TV show until I forget: Day 686
- Shakira’s jam watching Piqué’s mistress reach for the jar
- Senators to tech bosses: “What is internet?” Senators to Ticketmaster:
- Stephanie Hsu will forever go down in history as the first original cast member of The Spongebob Squarepants Musical to be nominated for an Academy Award
Part 3: For the weekend