We Love the Internet 2023/15: The Inside Rupert Murdoch’s Succession drama edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Why the Floppy Disk Just Won’t Die
- Big Tech’s big downgrade
- At PayPal, I once wasted $1M on a marketing segmentation to build personas
- What TikTok’s confessional GRWM videos say about our culture of oversharing
- Influencer Parents and The Kids Who Had Their Childhood Made Into Content
- Why Every App Now Feels Like TikTok, But Worse
- Social Media is a Major Cause of the Mental Illness Epidemic in Teen Girls. Here’s the Evidence.
- How 16 Companies are Dominating the World’s Google Search Results
- Why Are All Action Heroes Named Jack, James, or John?
- Inside Rupert Murdoch’s Succession Drama
- You are not a parrot
- Interview: Kevin Kelly, editor, author, and futurist
- Welcome to the Kings League, Gerard Piqué’s New Soccer ‘Circus’ Going Viral on Twitch
- Tim Cook on Shaping the Future of Apple
- Protect Elders! Ban Television!!
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
Things to look at/read:
- Millennials are hitting middle age — and it doesn’t look like what we were promised.
- Organised fun: who’s it all for?
- Why are they snitching
- guess she didnt like that pint
- Play time with baby brother
- Cant turn my back for 5 seconds!!!
- Sorry go to go
- Mama said im a weirdo but i just really like this chew toy
Tweets of the week:
- Every Bro who paid $20 for GPT-4:
- It’s going to be really awkward when it comes to The Super Mario Bros Movie 2 and Japan gets a totally new movie, whereas the west just gets Despicable Me 2 with the characters replaced
Part 3: For the weekend
- Public Scrutiny Destroyed Jennifer Lawrence. Now She Wants To Win Us Back.
- The Haunted Life of Lisa Marie Presley
- The Untold Story of Elliott Smith’s Teenage Band
- On the Trail of the Fentanyl King
- Bleeding Green and Yellow: On Football in Brazil
- The case the internet got wrong
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Last Act