We Love the Internet 2023/18: The Social media is doomed to die edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Social media is doomed to die
- Drake’s AI clone is here — and Drake might not be able to stop him
- Chasing rainbows
- Why are TV writers so miserable?
- A Very Gentle Introduction to Large Language Models without the Hype
- A Map of Places in the US with the Same Name
- AI art freaks me out. So I tried to make some.
- Another post on posters
- The News Went Viral
- Is Substack Notes a ‘Twitter clone’? We asked CEO Chris Best
- Honey, I sold the kids
- Unraveling the Greatest Writers’ Room Story Ever
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- Five graphs that changed the world
- Why Music Festivals Sound Better Than Ever
- The fall of shortform content..
Things to look at/read:
- In Search Of Wikipedia’s Shrug Guy
- The High-Tech Hollywood Smile: How 3D Scanners and Artificial Intelligence Are Perfecting Teeth
- Really had no idea
- Don’t worry he went to the vets and hes fine
- All frenchies are the same
- Always has to ask permission
Tweets of the week:
- Today is the tenth anniversary of me opening up Football Manager 2013 and starting a new game with Dynamo Dresden.
- Frank Lampard’s record looks like a seating plan on Trainline
- This is the greatest mathematician story ever told
- and i often think about how lindsay lohan served so much in a paparazzi picture they used that pic for the movie poster of Just My Luck
- a train journey with each parent, a week apart. very different experiences and energies.
Part 3: For the weekend