We Love the Internet 2023/21: The Brief history of the concept album edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- How Mark Zuckerberg Led the Tech Industry Into a Metaverse Wasteland
- Andreessen Horowitz saw the future — but did the future leave it behind?
- TikTok’s viral movie clips are changing how I watch films
- It’s Time to Embrace the Era of Mid Entertainment
- Can we still handle the truth? Journalism, ‘alternative facts’ and the rise of AI
- On the trail of the Dark Avenger: the most dangerous virus writer in the world
- Will A.I become the new McKinsey?
- The fall of Vice: private equity’s ill-fated bet on media’s future
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
Things to look at/read:
Tweets of the week:
- SUCCESSION art department, I want you to know that I 100% paused and enjoyed the hard work you put in that appeared onscreen for like two seconds
- Rafa Benitez accidentally tweeting then deleting “Howdy the lads!” is sending me west.
- This recipe is a bit aggressive.
- Saruman about 90 minutes into The Two Towers:
- its crazy how you don’t even gotta speak german to understand what he said in this tweet
- How is this image not AI generated
Part 3: For the weekend