We Love the Internet 2023/31: The Curse of the long boom edition
Part 1: For the day job
Things to think about:
- Two years later, Netflix is still experimenting with games
- Hollywood’s slow-mo self-sabotage
- Hollywood Strike Leaves Influencers Sidelined and Confused
- Kickstarter Introduces New A.I. Policy Guidelines From End Of August
- Is A.I. the Greatest Technology Ever for Making Dumb Jokes?
- Attenzione, Pickpocket! How Online Were You in July?
- 50 rappers, 50 stories
- The Curse of the Long Boom
- How Bronze Age Pervert Built an Online Following and Injected Anti-Democracy, Pro-Men Ideas into the GOP
- Wikipedia’s Moment of Truth
Part 2: For the lunch-break
Things to play with/watch/listen to:
- How is this game even possible?
- The Bear’s Best Ingredient Is Tenderness
- Eating at a Fishing Restaurant in Japan
- How cruise ships got so big
Things to look at/read:
- Eclectic Avenues — How London’s First Black Pub Landlords Changed the City’s Drinking Culture
- Oh Shut Up, Ramsdale!
- Tracy Chapman, Luke Combs and the complicated response to ‘Fast Car’
- The Autism Surge: Lies, Conspiracies, and My Own Kids
- Dave Portnoy’s Pizza Mafia
- obsessed with my cat
- These two boys absolutely love the slippery slide.
- I love my baby goofball
- Slicker than oil ain’t she
- I dont know whats worse — my laugh, or the way my cat eats steak
Tweets of the week:
- The 12 disciples in 33 AD
- BREAKING🚨 Donald Trump has hired Wayne Rooney to play all the parts of his defence team.
- What a magnificent photo.
- Priority tickets for virgin customers is a bit on the nose
- why would i leave this website
- We bought an entire town in New Mexico and invited over 500 scientists and their families!
- The bootleg copy of “Barbie” my friend and I were watching last night had spanish subtitles and I could not stop crying at the translation for “I am Kenough”
Part 3: For the weekend
- Country music’s culture wars and the remaking of Nashville
- I’m Not Trying to be Dramatic, But I’m in Hell
- Once hailed for decriminalizing drugs, Portugal is now having doubts
- Where is Britney?